Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Instruments

Concert Band, Beginning Band, and Guitar students...

The school year is coming soon, and I want to make sure that you all have instruments to play.

If you are in concert band, please email me with the instrument that you need to borrow so I can set one aside for you.

If you are in beginning band, please email me with a time you can meet me at East High in the next couple weeks. We will try out different instruments and see what will be the best fit for you and assign you an instrument. These instruments will include flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, French horn, baritone, tuba, and variants of these instruments. Do not expect to be placed in percussion, as I usually only take 1-2 percussionists in each ensemble.

If you are in beginning guitar, you'll need to buy your own guitar. If you are unable to buy a guitar due to the cost, the school was able to purchase 10 guitars for this year. Keep in mind that there are 50 people enrolled in the two sections of guitar, so priority will be given to those who express the most need.

Email me at dorothypino@gmail.com or dorothy_pino@dpsk12.org in order to get your instrument needs met for the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment